Monday, September 19, 2016

Blogger's Quilts Festival :: Fall 2016 Edition


The Blogger's Quilt Festival is off to a good start; welcome to everyone visiting! I am thrilled to participate again this time around. 

I am entering my AMH Dresden Plate in the Hand Quilted Category

.








She is about 60"x 80", great size for a lap quilt. I started this quilt during the summer of 2015 and finished it a few months ago. The Dresden Plates are made exclusively with Anna Maria Horner's fabrics; I played with different collections of hers except the centers (Juliana Horner). The Dresden Plates were appliquéd on a pieced background featuring AMH's Loominous collection. I hand quilted vertical lines every inch with a Sashiko thread. I am very pleased the way the quilting turned out!!

The Festival will run from September 19 through September 31; voting starts on September 25. Thank you, Amy, for hosting this event once more.


Past entries in The Blogger's Quilt Festival:
Clamshell, 23/10/2015
Modern Fat Cross, 25/10/2014
AMH Honeycomb, 24/10/2014


Thanks for visiting and Happy Festival!!




28 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful quilt...love the pattern and colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is still my favourite from this year - I just love the warm cool play going on with the various fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maryse! This is so amazing quilt! Full of gorgeus fabrics and colours, fantastic hand quilting and the dresdens are beautiful! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always loved this quilt. I'm glad you shared it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at AMH, and your quilting is exquisite. Gorgeous quilt! Happy BQF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this quilt and it's great that so many more people will get to see it through the festival.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember this beauty. There is pretty much exactly nothing I don't love about it. How fun to get to show it to a wider audience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my all time favourites Maryse. Your pieced backgrounds and colourful Dresdens make a rich and vibrant quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am new to your blog and wanted to tell you, this is just gorgeous. The color is amazing!! Good luck with the quilt festival.😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your quilt - I could look at all the fabrics and lush colors for a long time. Beautiful quilting too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one of my favourites! Love the fabrics and your hand quilting is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh.. this one is so beautiful! Love the colors so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This quilt is beautiful! All of the different prints play so well together, I could stare at the quilt for such a long time looking at each of the individual prints and how they interact with all of the others.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Dresden plates are sooo beautiful! I love he dark rich colors and the choice of hand quilting straight lines was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning, I love color play and especially the pieced backgrounds, but your stitching just makes it! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I said it last time I saw it and I'll say it again...I'm in LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a labor of love. What a stunning quilt. You must be so proud and I hope you win.
    Hugs,
    Preeti.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolute adore your quilt!! In awe of the beauty of the colors, the stitching. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful. Simply wonderful! I am jealous of your AMH stash!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your quilt is just amazing, Maryse! I love the contrast between the fabric in the dresdens and in the background, and I love your beautifully neat hand quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on being nominated for Viewers' Choice! This is a lovely quilt worthy of a prize.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well done on winning the Hand Quilted Category with your lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations! You already know how much I love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete